top of page

Do you receive free 3 or 4-year-old childcare at a nursery, pre-school or with a childminder?

If so they may be able to claim up to £300 each year to spend on enriching your child’s learning!

The funding is called Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) and is paid directly to childcare settings.


If you receive one of the following benefits, the setting may be entitled to claim this funding.

• Income support

• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance

• Income-related employment support allowance

• Child tax credit (providing you are not also entitled to WTC and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)

• Working Tax Credit run-on, paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for WTC

• Support under part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999

• The guaranteed element of the state pension credit

• Universal Credit Or if your child:

• Has been looked after by the local authority in care for at least one day

• Has been adopted from care

• Has left care through a special guardianship


Early Years Pupil Premium 

bottom of page